At Sooner Done Septic Pumping we care about your aerobic system. Here are a few suggestions to maintaining a healthy system:
- Extend the contract service arrangement offered by the INSTALLER after the initial two-year period has expired. It is extremely important that an aerobic system receive regular maintenance.
- Keep your system accessible for inspections and pumping, yet protected from unauthorized entrance. If access to your system is locked, make sure that your service provider has a key.
- Whenever you experience problems with your system, whenever the alarm is activated, or whenever there are any signs of unsatisfactory system performance we certainly can advise what steps to take next to resolve your situation.
- Keep detailed records about your aerobic system, including a map of where it is, and general information, such as model name, capacity, state license, date installed, contract service agreement, records of service visits, and maintenance performed.
- Conserve water to avoid overloading the system. Be sure to repair any leaky faucets or toilets.
- Divert all non-wastewater sources of water, like roof drains, house footing drains, and sump pumps, away from the aerobic system.
- Become familiar with how your own particular system operates, and the way it looks, sounds, and smells when it is working correctly. This way you may be able to identify problems before they become serious and alert your service provider to anything unusual.
- Be sure to ask your Sooner Done Septic Pumping professional any questions about how to know if your AEROBIC SYSTEM is malfunctioning.
- Don’t allow anyone to drive over or park on any part of the system.
- Don’t use your toilet as a trash can or poison your treatment system and the groundwater by pouring harmful chemicals down the drain. Harsh chemicals can kill the beneficial bacteria that treat your wastewater.
- Don’t use a garbage disposal.
- Don’t attempt to clean or perform maintenance on any sealed aerobic system components.
Things not to Flush:
- Coffee grounds
- Dental floss
- Disposable diapers
- Kitty litter
- Sanitary Napkins
- Wet wipes
- Photographic solutions
- Cigarette butts
- Paint or stain thinners
- Fat, grease, or oil
- Waste oils
These items can over tax or destroy the biological digestion taking place within your aerobic system.